7 Top Emergency Apps for iPhone and Android in 2024
With the passage of time, there have been many incidents that have threatened people’s safety. Similar situations have been addressed before by traditional security measures. However, they have proven to be unreliable and ineffective. We have seen many people become victims, mostly as a result of their ability to seek help during crises.
- Systems known as emergency apps are designed to help people in times of dire need.
- These apps are widely available on the Internet, and while each has its own features, it can be difficult to tell which ones are functional and which ones aren’t.
- We’ve rounded up the best emergency apps for iPhone and Android to de-stress you.
Consequently, the need for a security solution that is more efficient, faster and reliable has increased. This requirement has lately been met by the creation of emergency apps, which warn and rescue individuals during occurrences like natural catastrophes and personal and medical problems.
What are the best emergency apps available for iPhone and Android?
These emergency alert app assumptions can be useful in a variety of situations, including emergencies, natural disasters, health issues, and getting lost. In light of this, this post lists six of the best emergency apps for iPhone and Android that are reliable, quick to use, and easy to use in dire situations. Support us in perseverance.
1) Zello Walkie Talkie: for natural disasters
This popular push-to-talk walkie-talkie app has more than 150 million users (PTT) worldwide. It is used to keep in touch with people, especially the young and old. Although it’s not a traditional emergency call app, you can use it to contact someone in an emergency.
It works like a radio, so when you need help, you can use it to reach others individually or in a group, and those close to you can answer your call. To be able to contact people who use the app, you must have used it before the event. It became well-known in the US after Hurricanes Harvey and Irma devastated the country, and users have been using it as an emergency app ever since.
- The software is free to use.
- It has no limits as it uses the Internet.
- It has the ability to instantly connect a large number of people worldwide through live voice.
- Facilitates effective communication during environmental disasters and enhances the effectiveness of search and rescue operations.
- Enables people to send images to relevant authorities in case of emergency.
- Locations and notifications can be sent at the push of a button in case of an emergency.
- There is a text messaging feature that works with Apple and Android Wear watches.
2) DialMyCalls: Emergency notification tool for businesses
This is something different, but no less important, on our list. Businesses, organizations, schools, and religious institutions use DialMyCalls, a mass notification technology that works great for instant texting to multiple people, especially in emergencies. In a matter of seconds, you can transmit voice broadcasts, emails, or text message (SMS) broadcasts directly from the mobile device. It’s an extremely effective and user-friendly platform for both iPhone and Android.
The app’s multi-touch notification feature sets it apart from the competition, and its high compliance standards for sending bulk text, email, and voice messages make it a great option for any type of business or personal communication, including Instant updates, reminders and instant updates.
- A comprehensive mass notification system that is particularly useful in emergency situations.
- Includes text message and voice broadcasts.
- Easy integration with other popular programs, such as Freshdesk, AWeber, and Calendly.
3) In Case of Emergency app: for medical emergencies
The In Case of Emergency app is still among the greatest for people who wish to be ready for anything. Sylvain Lagache’s software allows ICE users to send messages about their medical information in an emergency.
In addition, the software is fairly straightforward to set up and works with both iPhone and Android. To ensure that your medical information is always accessible when you need it, all you have to do is enter it into the app. This facilitates access to care in an emergency.
- Displays details about the user, including blood type, allergies, medical history, and emergency contacts.
- Provides users with access to current medical information in an emergency.
- Compatible with iPhones and Android devices.
4) Offline Survival Manual: for personal emergencies and survival
As the name implies, one of the greatest emergency applications for iPhone and Android offers essential survival knowledge for both outdoor activities and crises. The handbook is neatly kept and ensures that you finish everything when you are doing outdoor activities like picnics, hiking, fishing, etc. The program is also free and available from anywhere in the world.
- Teaches the user where to find life-saving plants to combat injuries and environmental hazards.
- Supplies for building a shelter, getting water, starting a fire, survival kits, and basic medicine.
- Ability to work offline.
5) FEMA Mobile App: for real-time emergencies
Real-time emergency alerts are provided through the Federal Emergency Management Agency mobile app. The program informs users about safety precautions both during and after such events, as well as warnings before impending disasters occur.
All you have to do is add your location to enable the app to alert you to emergencies in your area. In short, the FEMA smartphone app sends alerts to help people avoid natural disasters like severe weather, tornadoes, floods, fires and more.
As a result, many people need the app as a tool before, during and after disasters. Plus, it comes in Spanish and English and works with both Android and iPhones. Its user design is primitive, yet it makes sense for emergency preparedness.
- Provides warnings of approaching disasters such as floods, avalanches, fires, disaster alerts, and more. It also offers real-time weather alerts for severe weather, tropical weather, cold weather, or ocean weather.
- Provides immediate safety alerts in the event of a riot, explosion, fire, civil threat, 911 blackout, evacuation, or shelter-in-place.
- Directs customers to disaster supplies, including first aid kits, shelters, and disaster relief facilities.
- Allows individuals to communicate with their loved ones during emergencies or crises via social media and news.
6) Life 360: for personal safety
An essential app that keeps us informed about the safety of our loved ones and allows us to see them safely is called Life 360. In summary, this is a location monitoring program that has helped many people stay in touch with friends and family while they are gone. It is also safe to track people’s whereabouts during an incident to determine if they are victims.
Using this software, you can set up a tracker to receive alerts when people depart or arrive at a specific location. Its purpose is to know where people are in case of an emergency, not to hold them. The application is easy to use, and in an emergency, users can even choose to call them.
- We can locate our loved ones on a private map and receive real-time alerts from friends and family.
- Enables us to communicate with friends and family through text messages and photo sharing of our locations.
- It uses an advanced GPS locator to notify the location of friends and family members in an emergency.
7) American Red Cross App: for first aid and other emergencies
Additionally, it notifies users about first aid and is one of the best emergency apps for iPhone and Android. Several first aid and emergency alerts can be found in American Red Cross smartphone apps. If you find yourself in a position where you are unable to go to the hospital, the app provides basic care to ease your symptoms until you can get medical attention.
Additionally, the app is compatible with both general apps like First Aid and Pet Rescue and disaster-specific apps like Emergency, Hurricane, Earthquake, and Tornado. As a result, it becomes an emergency solution in all. Additionally, there is an emergency section with information on managing and preventing conditions such as diabetes, allergies, bleeding, and heart attacks.
- Provides detailed instructions for first aid situations such as domestic accidents.
- This advice is given by experts through interactive tests and videos.
- Enables you to receive instant notifications and personalize 40 separate weather alerts.
- The software has an interactive map that directs users to Red Cross emergency shelters in case of an emergency.
- Voice control is another way that people with disabilities can use this program.
Use These Emergency Alert Apps to Stay Prepared
In an emergency, you can use this list of the best emergency apps for iPhone and Android to report problems, get help, alert authorities, stop suffering, and even save lives.
Able to Help Apps can be easily downloaded from the mobile play stores. Remember to exercise caution at all times.
- Sticker Apps for Android
- Puppy Training Apps
- Google TV Apps
- VPN Apps for iPhone
- Free Text Editors
- Free Screen Recorders
- Text to Speech Apps
FAQs About iPhone and Android Emergency Apps
Is there a panic button on the iPhone?
If you find yourself in an emergency, you can use your iPhone to contact help. Emergency Call Slider To activate SOS, simply hold down the side button along with one of the volume buttons. By selecting the SOS Emergency Call slider and pressing and holding the buttons to alert, you can choose whether to dial 911 or not.
Is there an emergency app available?
In fact, there are emergency-specific apps, and this post has already covered the best apps. Notables include the American Red Cross, Life 360, FEMA, and others. You never know what kind of emergency you might find yourself in, so you may need more than one of these apps.
Do emergency apps come with free downloads?
In this article, almost all the best emergency apps for iPhone and Android are available for free. After using the trial plan, some users must upgrade to a premium package. Additionally, these premium packages are reasonably priced, but you can opt for a free alternative if you wish.
Which app is best for the panic button?
Red Panic Button is our pick for the best panic button app, despite the fact that there are several apps available for iPhone and Android. As the name suggests, the program has a big red button that allows you to quickly share your location and a link to Google Maps with your emergency contacts via email or SMS. Very easy, actually.
Which iPhone 911 app is the best?
The best 911 app available for iPhone is called Rave Panic Button. The distress alarm level is adjustable. If you don’t need to dial 911, you can immediately notify a friend or family member. Pressing the panic button will initiate a direct call to 911.
Which app is best for receiving emergency alerts?
The best app for emergency alerts is FEMA, although there are a number of emergency apps. It provides real-time weather reports, safety alerts in the event of a civil threat, and links to disaster resources, including first aid kits, shelters, and disaster assistance centers.
In India, how is Emergency SOS used?
To access the Emergency SOS slider on an iPhone in India, swiftly press the Power button three times. After that, it will automatically dial India’s emergency services.